Professional behaviors are important skills to master before entering the workforce. Below are a few skills you can begin working on with your future professional at home.
- Read with Understanding
- Convey Ideas in Writing
- Speak So Others Can Understand
- Listen Actively
- Observe Critically
- Guide Others
- Resolve Conflict and Negotiate
- Advocate and Influence
- Cooperate with Others
- Use Math to Solve Problems and Communicate
- Solve Problems and Make Decisions
Lifelong Learning Skills
- Take Responsibility for Learning
- Reflect and Evaluate
- Learn Through Research
- Use Information and Communications Technology
From the National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability for Youth.
Click here for tips on how to support this skill building at home.