There’s no better way to connect with your future workforce than to create meaningful work-based learning experiences for students and teachers. Explore real-life examples of successful internship and externship programs in Oklahoma and access guidance materials below.
View the resources below for guidance on how service-learning and work-based learning activities relate to a student’s Individual Career Academic Planning (ICAP). For implementation tips in each WBL activity choose the links below:
- Job Shadow
- Project-Based Learning
- Service Learning
- Youth Apprenticeship
- On – Campus Work-Based Learning Quick Guide
- Work-Based / Service Learning Quick Guide
Teacher Externship Resource Toolkit The Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE) has provided this resource toolkit for summer teacher externships. Our mission is to connect business leaders with teachers to transform the classroom experience, inspiring students to become the next generation of innovators. To access OSDE summer teacher externship applications, visit our webpage.
Oklahoma Student Work Permits:
The Oklahoma Department of Labor provides guidance on the student work permit process. The work permit FAQs have been replaced with two guides – one for schools and one for parents of homeschooled children. These guides help schools and parents of homeschooled children better understand the work permit process in an easy-to-understand format with step-by-step directions.
- Internships Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Department of Labor Internship Factsheet #71
- Oklahoma CareerTech’s Teacher Externships
- Oklahoma Works Searchable Tool: Apprenticeship and Internship Opportunities
- Hilldale Senior Internship Program
- Lawton Public Schools Internship Program
- Duncan Public Schools – Career Pathways Easy Start Guide
- Union Public Schools Career Connect Program