To learn more about ways to create a college and career readiness classroom take a look at a few upcoming trainings below!
Join us on the road this summer for EngageOk 2019! Our College and Career Readiness team will host 6 breakout sessions covering everything from implementing ICAP to creating a internship program! View more details here.
Student Success Workshop
Every student deserves a clear career pathway to success, join us to learn best practices for using the Individual Career Academic Planning Process and trauma informed practices to support the whole child and give all students the Oklahoma Edge!
In this workshop you will:
- Learn the basics of trauma, how it affects the brain and the impact of trauma on student behavior
- Learn foundation-level knowledge for working with students who have experienced adverse childhood experiences
- Learn about Individual Career Academic Plans and how they will be key in helping your students create a career pathway suited just for them
- Find best practices for creating a career ready culture in your school
- Learn about ways to plan college and career preparation events in your area
- Discuss best practices for connecting with families, community members, and educators who are passionate about giving students the opportunity to succeed past high school
Register for a regional workshop below:
Great Plains Technology Center – Lawton Campus|Wednesday, July 24, 2019 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM (CDT) Register Here
Kiamichi Technology Center – Atoka Campus|Monday, July 29, 2019 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM (CDT) Register Here
Metro Technology Centers – Springlake Campus | July 30, 2019 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM (CDT) Register Here
Northeast Technology Center – Pryor Campus | Thursday, August 8, 2019 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM (CDT) Register Here