Oklahoma Edge is the Oklahoma State Department of Education’s commitment to giving our students a competitive edge as they pursue college and career. We’ve already strengthened our academic standards and assessments to ensure students are prepared for the real world of work and higher education after they graduate high school. When students have an Oklahoma Edge, families will save more than $22 million a year on remedial courses in college. Best of all, with that competitive edge, students will be ready for high-skill jobs and innovative careers after high school graduation and be poised to become great problem-solvers, strategic thinkers and leaders.
Every child, teacher and school can thrive with adequate resources and a vision to succeed. Our goal is to equip all students for life after high school by ensuring they have everything they need to obtain a postsecondary degree or industry certification that reflects their individual passions and skills.
This website will help you prepare your students or children for the next steps after high school graduation, whether that be college or career. There are many paths to success, and all are worth celebrating.
Use this website to:
- Learn about Individual Career Academic Plans and how they’ll be key in helping your student or child create a career pathway suited just for them.
- Find best practices for creating a college and career ready culture in your community.
- Locate college and career preparation events in your area.
- Research Oklahoma’s fastest growing industries.
- Prepare your children for future workforce needs.
- Connect with community members passionate about giving students the opportunity to succeed past high school.
Learn more about how this important work to better prepare Oklahoma students for postsecondary success began, including the grant that started it all.